We organise visits to historic houses, museums, gardens, the countryside and other places of interest.
For full details of the visits and their organisers please refer to our members' newsletter,
please also see the section on sale of tickets.
From April to September our visits are by coach .
Other visits are by public transport and we meet at the venue.
Thursday 20 June 2019
Sussex Prairie Garden
(originally scheduled for Monday 17 June)
Tuesday 16 July 2019
Palace House, Newmarket - Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art
Wednesday 28 August 2019
Woburn Abbey and Gardens
(originally scheduled for 21 August)
Tuesday 3 September 2019
Creeks, Cockles and Cockneys
Thursday 10 October 2019
London Mithraeum (Mithras Temple)
October 2019 (date to be confirmed)
Royal Opera House (backstage)
November 2019 (date to be confirmed)
Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Divine Wisdom (Hagia Sophia)
Visits by coach
From April to September our visits are by coach and there are two
pick-up points with 15 minutes between them.
Beckenham pick-up point:
Albemarle Road, alongside St George's Road car park (immediately opposite St George's Church Hall).
Bromley South pick-up point:
Masons Hill, bus stop G opposite Cromwell Avenue.
Please note that as this pick-up point is a bus stop, the coach cannot wait for latecomers even if they
have warned the organiser that they are on the way.
Sale of Tickets for Visits
- Tickets will be on sale after 7pm at the Wednesday evening meeting specified in our
members' newsletter and the following Thursday afternoon meeting (where appropriate).
Details are clearly stated on the visit booking form supplied with our Newsletter.
Visit slips must be filled in before booking and payment by cheque payable to
NT B&B Centre is preferred.
- If you are unable to come to a meeting, you can, before that meeting, send your form,
cheque and SAE for reply to the organiser, and it will be dealt with immediately after the first sale.
- If you later find that you wish to join the visit, you should contact the organiser to see if
places are still available.
- If, after the first two sellings, there are still places available, the visit will be open to
any friends who would like to come.
- If you cannot come please let the organiser know, in case there is a waiting list.
If there is not, we regret that we cannot refund your money.
- Depending on fuel costs there may be a small supplement to pay on the day for some coach visits.
- Members and guests who participate in visits do so at their own risk and the
Beckenham & Bromley Centre cannot accept any liability.
- On visits by coach please use your seat belt when travelling as, in the unlikely event of an accident,
insurance companies will not pay out if the seat belt is not being used.